Friday, August 13, 2010

HATEVIL clothing by Paul Messenger

Without LOVE I am nothing (below, 2010 design)
[intentionally designed to be read while looking in the mirror]

This is an idea that I have been working on for approximately 10 years now. The idea springs from Psalm 91:10 Hate evil and hold onto what is good. I have worked with a variety of media and personally enjoy working with bleach and cotton mixes the best. This is a sample of some of the shirts that I still have at this time. I chose to put the two words together because of the dichotic dissonance that it creates, and it looks cool. Kind of like " I don't dislike broccoli" HATE + EVIL = HATEVIL. So take a look and if you like what you see or you have a great idea of your own to make into a shirt, then let me know and I would be honored to make one for you. (some restrictions may apply contact the artist for further details regarding the creation of original HATEVIL products):)
(below) Commissioned for a friend "wings"
(below) The first of the bleach series, Japanese "HATEVIL."
(above) Fabric Markers inspired by my brothers drawings 1987
(above) "SGS" series for Shot Gun Shepard

That is the end of the slideshow, but I have made countless more over the years. So if you like what you see or you would like a design of you own produced with bleach or other media, please let me know. And remember its not hat ville but HATEVIL clothing established circa 2000. :)

3 comments:

Kat said...

Where's mine, turdlet?

Kat said...

I really like your new swallow shirt. I haven't seen that one before. Work hard!

Angela said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, made me feel really encouraged! :) Wish I had a prize to give you for being the first one haha :) I LOVE the butterfly shirt! Butterflies are my thing!