Thursday, January 1, 2009

And the story continues...



The story of my life (well a fractional element which can be expressed via the Internet anyways.) This is a visual journal of my life expressed through the artworks that inspire and motivate me. Some of these artworks have been created by others, some have been created in collaboration with others, some may not even be considered "art" to others, but they can get their own blog.
 For me the creative process is a means of developing ideas and for solving problems which cannot be solved solely through verbal communication, mathematics, written word or the traditional breaking and bending that often solves problems or develops ideas. Most of my artwork tends to be a visual/outward expression of an internal interaction. This interaction, which is expressed through my works, is a transformative myriad composed of intellect, emotion, spirit, and body. Oftentimes what is revealed or expressed is not an object which can be simply dissected with the mind alone, because the complexity therein is beyond just human intellect: simply put, it cannot be reduced to words or numbers.
 There are many influences for my work: all erupt from life itself; joy, water, community, cosmos, love, animals, dance, clouds, song, flight, rest, growth, strength, color, light, form, peace, family, freedom etc... My artwork's often don't "make sense" however, for me that is the beauty of  it. It is our human nature to attempt to explain or define everything, but I rejoice in the ambiguity of the unknown, the mystery of the unexplainable, the glorious unseen. A song can be reduced to notes, chords, time, and intensity but there is a great deal more to be experienced. A painting can also be reduced to the elements and principles which it is constrained to, however there is so much more to be seen and experienced than color and canvas, there is a capturing of life that occurs. And I suppose that is what I strive to achieve with my work, to capture life.
So as you meander through this journal, it is my hope that you experience more than color or form, but rather, something within you would be able to identify with what is being expressed.

No comments: